Disappearing files from flash drive

I have a 32GB flash drive. all computers recognize it and show a drive for it. It has been formatted(FAT32) a couple of times to tackle the issue.
when files are copied on the root directory of the flash drive, they are retained. when a directory with files are copied, and the flash dive is unplugged, the either all files within the directory are lost and a blank directory remains.
Or the whole of the directory disappears. one to notice is that after copying the files, when i click on the flash-drive in windows explorer, i can see them. when unplugged and replugged again on the same or different computer, they are gone.
Please advise.

To Mailpup - i have tried that method too - using "Safely remove hardware". if that's not the method u r mentioning about, please let know.

To SNGX1275 - i dont have anything installed on the flash drive. do i need to install a directory syncing program on my computer or flash drive? please let me kow.

A directory syncing program would be something you have installed to your computer, not necessarily on the flash drive itself. Chances are if you don't know that you have one, you probably don't. And no, you don't need to install one, if one was installed it could in theory be removing files from the drive if they didn't match the files in a directory located somewhere else..

Back