Display driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing a new closed beta mmorpg when an error occurred with the ialmrnt.dll file {my main display driver}
Is there an update I can get for this driver or a way to stop the error?
diagnostics are in profile

email me or contact me via msn or reply to this thanks

Go to your motherboards manufacturers website and download and install the latest video driver. Have you updated XP to SP3?

I'm a nub to hardware so where on the case/within does it say what you motherboard is?

That might be it. I'll download sp3 to see if that's the problem. If not, I'm guessing the age of the parts for this comp is the problem. I doubt the graphics card or video card can really handle the games I play.

Okay. I installed windows xp sp3 but when I tried the game again, the same error occured. Said my ialmrnt5 display driver had stopped working properly.

The screen became distorted, the desktop and start menu were a grey-green color and the game screen went black, the pointer got 10x bigger and the screen resolution went from 1024x768 to 600x800. I had to do an emergency restart again.

I really want to play this damn game and the more this messes up the more I want to play it. lol

Edit

Ok, I downloaded AIDA32
its a Dell OptiPlex SX280

Since its a Dell motherboard, I went to support.dell.com and it told me {since I have windows xp} to download nvidia from them. But after it unzips and starts to install, it says I have no hardware compatible with the software. So idk what to do. Would an upgrade to Vista include an improved graphics/display/video driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back