Distorted view

Status
Not open for further replies.

technixp

Hello,
I have problem with my view distortion. instead of black color i see green and etc.. Also its like floating a little bit..
It all began then i was making win7 performance marking but dont think that this is fault of that problem..

Tryed:
1) Drivers, nothing changes and i get same green coos in BIOS
2) to do VRAM test:
a)Error at [0CFE9320]: must be 00000002, but found 00000001
(bits:00000000000000000000000000000011) (lots of same errors in different adresses
b) FFFF instead of zeros (~300000)

my notebook:
ASUS z96s
intel core2Duo 2ghz
4gb ram
video card: nvidia Gforce 8600M GS 256MB

Hello tecnixp, sorry about that, usually that occurs when there is a problem with your colour settings of the monitor, or if worse comes to worst, some components (RGB transistors) blowout in your monitor so thats why you get that colour but then sometimes its the VGA cable that has an issue. so i suggest that you see a repair shop.

Hope that helps.
Cheers R

Hello tecnixp, sorry about that, usually that occurs when there is a problem with your colour settings of the monitor, or if worse comes to worst, some components (RGB transistors) blowout in your monitor so thats why you get that colour but then sometimes its the VGA cable that has an issue. so i suggest that you see a repair shop.

Hope that helps.
Cheers R

thnx for giving way for me :) first i'll try to repair it by myself.. :)

So.. I'v checked cable.. everything seems to be ok, tomorrow display will be tested some where.. now external display is connected and everytjing works fine :)

laptops display is ok.. and external display is working fine, so what can be wrong? i think that withou UV heating there is no way.. yes?

test_screen.jpg
<- test screen
here is my screen:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9797/dsc05324.jpg

That's great, you can edit it out too now if you like, Big pics just make your Topic that much harder to read (in my view) ;)

Anyway, did you replace the cable as I stated to do?

this is laptop, so I've reached only connector where matrix is connected..

cable, where it is mostly movable opening and closing lid, is OK..

I had connected another matrix in to this connector(same view seen) and external display works ok too.. so i don't believe what graphics chip overheated or etc..

could you tell me how works this switch for laptop and external monitors? :)

With the laptop turned off
Plug in an External Monitor
Turn on
Press Fn and F3 keys to toggle between screens

As the external screen is a Plug and Play powered device, computer hardware is picked up automatically
But you also need o run the key sequence to enable it ;)
I think that's what you wanted to know?

I'm not that green in pc's..
I'm asking: How HARDWARE extends 1 connection to 2(laptop's display and external)?
video card has 1GPU and 1set of VRAM, etc.. but how it manages to display view in two separate displays?
I'd like to connect my laptop screen to an external VGA connector.. is it possible? :) how should i choose right wires?

and external display works ok too
What then did you mean when your external works ok?

I think you are asking how to connect the internal tiny little wires (that normally connect to the LCD), to an external monitor? Why would anyone want to do this? Just use your VGA port on the back of the laptop, of which "works ok"

i did this, but what's the point of using laptop if it's not portable?
I want to do that because my laptops lcd shows bad image but i know that it works fine and problem is somewhere in motherboard(to be more accurate: in VGA card section)

I personally do not believe its in the motherboard (but there is still a slim chance)
I feel its the flat ribbon data cable, as I have mentioned to replace (even if it looks ok)

I'd like to connect my laptop screen to an external VGA connector.. is it possible? :) how should i choose right wires?
Oh now I understand. No I'm not aware that would be possible. The VGA connector is not designed for TFT LCD screens, nor is the control of this on the mobo. Therefore you cannot do this actually.

If you want the laptop to remain mobile, then you need to fix the screen (obviously)
Start with the flat ribbon data cable. Where you find this (a new one) I don't know. You could try your manufacturer

Hi technixp,

I have the same model of laptop:
ASUS z96s
intel core2Duo 2ghz
4gb ram
video card: nvidia Gforce 8600M GS 256MB.

And I've also got the same problem with my lcd screen. Exactly the same characteristics as you had described.
Did you make it to solve this problem somehow? Did you try to change the ribbon data cable.
I thought of that at first and tried to change it with the new one - and you know the screen was back to normal..But just for couple of hours. After that the same problems came back. So I don't think it has to do with the LCD or the connectors.
I've googled about this problem and found out that this is particular problem of the Nvidia chipset and Geforce 8600 series.
Although it seems strange that connecting external display works fine and the laptop screen display itself is green instead of black and all other colours are floating.
If there would be a problem with Nvidia chipset - connecting external display should not solve the problem.

So did you find an answer to this problem?

What I'm gonna do next is try this solution:
youtube.com/watch?v=ctHTF3oNdxI[/url]

Since I still think that the problem is caused by NVIDIA GPU, and overheating or smth.
I wonder what kind of GPUs can be supported by this particular motherboard? And how much could they cost if I would still have to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back