Do we have a Folding@Home Team?

Marnomancer

Hey guys.
I surfing for some Cyber Volunteering work ("Serious Games", SNGX? ;)), and I came across some interesting stuff. Folding@Home, they call it.
I had, of course, seen it in action on other Community Forums. Which made me think, why don't we have such a Team?
If we can integrate such a project, it will not only give another sphere to TS, but also, we will be doing some good, for our common future.
There are many other @Home things out there, but I personally find this one most engaging.

Long story short, can we start TechSpot's own Folding@Home Team?

I've spent two years with the project but not longer active. I would have a few tips if such a team was started.

Just like I did with the SETI thread that popped up a couple weeks ago in General Discussion. We've done all this before, doubtful anyone is still doing it here.

Choosing the right project...
Folding@Home Has discussion on people no longer Folding or running SETI. There was actually another thread with this exact topic, but it didn't add anything, so I didn't include it.
Does TechSpot have a Folding@Home team?
Does TechSpot have a Folding@home team? Yes, same title as above, different thread though.

So, yes, we have a team. Folding came along and somewhat fragmented the SETI group. Utility prices combined with a lot of us growing up and having to pay our own electricity bills (as opposed to parents or the school we were at) caused a lot of us to quit; I guess we all quit. Probably some were just tired of seeing their processor temps maxed out - I mean we get threads pretty often on people complaining their temps are too high (or asking if they are).

Hmmm...that is to be considered, too. It would be a good way for overclockers to show off their rigs, though.

I had searched the forums before posting here, but I didn't see any similar topics then...strange...'cause otherwise I wouldn't have posted this one.
Still, as you said, I would want neither my temps nor bills shooting through the roof all the time. I'd rather Prime it for stressing purposes.

Anyway, I'll just stick to the cooling project I have on my hands for now. :haha:

I had searched the forums before posting here, but I didn't see any similar topics then...strange...'cause otherwise I wouldn't have posted this one.

Protip :D, I know it wouldn't have helped in this since you did search, but once your (or any) thread is posted, right below the quick reply box is a list of 5 threads that are deemed similar by the board. I got all but one of my links from there.

Back