Dodgy Internet Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I'm currently using 2 systems right now. One running on Windows Vista and one on Windows 7.

A couple of weeks back, my connection started getting extremely slow and at times, i kept getting error messages indicating that the page could not be displayed and such. This carried on for about a week until I had to perform a system restore on both to get Internet access back on them.

Now, a week on from the system restore, the same problem has started to happen and I've already lost my internet access on my Vista once more. This is entirely frustrating and I cannot seem to pin-point the problem to a specific cause. I've tried running a full scan using Kaspersky - nothing found.

Here are some details:

- Windows Vista & 7
- Kaspersky scan - none of the usual suspects come up
- When I called my cable operator, they told me to plug in my PC straight into the router, which I did. They then asked me for my IP address and when I told them what I had, they told me it was an invalid IP address and told me it was probably an error with my machine.
- Other machines on my network run fine with fast and efficient internet access. It's only these 2 machines that I use that have this problem.
- When internet connection went out, I tried going into CMD and tried to ping a few websites and IP addresses. Only reply came from the IP address of my router.

PLEASE HELP!!! I REALLY REALLY need this problem resolved! I can't seem to find a solution anywhere online. I tried following steps for DNS probs and the works, but nothing seems to fit right in rectifying this error!

I appreciate all help, advice or redirection to another thread if it may assist in this issue. Thanks!

First thing I would do is totally uninstall my exisiting conections, then reboot and reinstall... I appears your systems connections were installed incorrectly, or were corrupted.

Or tell us a lot more about your hardware and how it is connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back