DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issue

Exabyte

I have a computer that runs Windows 8.1 and I have put a Hard Drive in there that I thought would work. And well it didn’t, and my PC was unable to start because of the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Even after removing the not working hard drive the error still persists. I don’t want to reinstall Windows but I think that’s what I have to do. I usually don’t care about reinstalling windows but there’s a file on there that took 2 hours to download, and I don’t wanna wait that long for a file to download again.

If you have any ideas on how to fix this please tell me.

Endymio

Was the drive originally set as a boot drive? I assume you've tried the obvious stuff-- update your sata drivers, disable fast startup, etc?

Exabyte

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You will always get the best results when you install Windows fresh. Time to upgrade to Windows 10 anyways eh?
I usually like Windows 8.1 because I find it easier to use. Fresh install of Windows it is.

Exabyte

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was the drive originally set as a boot drive? I assume you've tried the obvious stuff-- update your sata drivers, disable fast startup, etc?
I was originally going to use the Hard Drive as my normal Hard Drive until I found out it was broken. Many attempts at installing Windows and all failed.
I didn’t really try all of the obvious stuff I just waited for it to boot into Windows Automatic Repair.