DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issue

Exabyte

I have a computer that runs Windows 8.1 and I have put a Hard Drive in there that I thought would work. And well it didn’t, and my PC was unable to start because of the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Even after removing the not working hard drive the error still persists. I don’t want to reinstall Windows but I think that’s what I have to do. I usually don’t care about reinstalling windows but there’s a file on there that took 2 hours to download, and I don’t wanna wait that long for a file to download again.

If you have any ideas on how to fix this please tell me.

Was the drive originally set as a boot drive? I assume you've tried the obvious stuff-- update your sata drivers, disable fast startup, etc?

You will always get the best results when you install Windows fresh. Time to upgrade to Windows 10 anyways eh?

Was the drive originally set as a boot drive? I assume you've tried the obvious stuff-- update your sata drivers, disable fast startup, etc?
I was originally going to use the Hard Drive as my normal Hard Drive until I found out it was broken. Many attempts at installing Windows and all failed.
I didn’t really try all of the obvious stuff I just waited for it to boot into Windows Automatic Repair.

Back