Driver installiation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. sparkle

OK I have again tried reinstalling the drivers onto this computer, its 64 bit AMD athlon 3200, the thing is it just wont accepct the drivers, I cant understand it as they are the same ones that worked on it before, I cannot get it onto the net 2 automatically download or fix itself, has ny one else had or heard of this before?
Any help would be great.
Oh and I have xp pro installed

Not much info there - what have you done? Re-installed the OS, repaired the OS, simply tried to fix the drivers?

:)

I reinstalled the OS, it had a recovery partition but it was damaged (virus) so I could not use this to auto reinstall, so I extracted all the drivers and backed them up and formatted.
I then reinstalled with winXP 64bit edition.
So now when I point to the directory of the drivers it just simply does not reckonise that they are there, the same when I let it automatically look for the drivers it just does not seem to see them.
I have also use 3rd party software and that does not work either,it will extract all the drivers and then restarts but low and behold?? it dosnt work either, it is still showing up that the drivers are not installed,
I have tried using a usb-ethernet adapter to try and get it on to the net but it wont accepct the drivers for that either, I am really confused with this.
I hope this is enough info, if not please tell me wat else u need to know.
It is a Philips iqon.

Thanks for the help in advance

If you reinstalled the OS from a CD, the drivers you would need in addition to those on the CD would be chipset, video, audio and ethernet.

Those should be available from the computer manufacturers' site.

I don't have any familiarity with those 'recovery partition' computers so I have to bow out at this point. Hopefully someone else will fill in.

:)

http://www.iqonsupport.ie/usermanuals.htm

You need to download the drivers to ensure success. Backing up existing drivers seldom works. The downloaded ones have the install feature that the backed up ones usually do not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back