Driver update

Here's a freeware driver updater that looks pretty good.

http://www.devicedoctor.com/

Thanks Benny. I'll have to check that one out as well! :)

A few months back, another member posted about DriverEasy. I';ve tried it and had others try it too. Seems to work pretty good (Even if only to see what it finds/suggests. And then one can decide if driver sounds good to try.) Actual driver downloads in DriverEasy free version are slow (but, hey, it's free!). Tho one can also use the info it provides to go directly to a vendor site to download themselves

Thanks Benny. I'll have to check that one out as well! :)

A few months back, another member posted about DriverEasy. I';ve tried it and had others try it too. Seems to work pretty good (Even if only to see what it finds/suggests. And then one can decide if driver sounds good to try.) Actual driver downloads in DriverEasy free version are slow (but, hey, it's free!). Tho one can also use the info it provides to go directly to a vendor site to download themselves

I haven't tried the one from that link personally, but it does certainly look the part, and like you said it's free so you can try it for nowt! :)

It's always best and the safest to download drivers from the manufacturer.
Also, If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!

My views coincide with those of CAMusing above. Updating drivers can be tricky, because some modules are special products that only the supplier knows precisely and is thus the safest source of driver. Also, driver names can look similar but have critical differences. Automatic products are easy to use and good most of the time, but you may be the odd one with the bad luck, the probability of which nobody knows.

So, two precautions are in order:
1 Make backups – almost all tools are good for this
2 Learn the procedure for reverting to the previous driver in case the new one malfunctions. Fortunately, this is always possible.

Back