DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Bluescreen with ntoskrnl.exe

I have been getting this BSOD in bursts ever since I got the computer. I can always tell when it is coming, because my computer lags significantly when it is imminent. For example, the main menu screen of the video game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare normally runs @60 FPS on my comp. However, it is much slower when the BSOD is near. It has gotten to the point where I load up the main menu of the game after every boot, because if it is running @~10 FPS, I know my comp will BSOD.

The BSOD almost always happens within 4-8 minutes of booting the computer. It seems that whenever I boot, there is like a 30% chance that it will BSOD with this error. If it boots cleanly, it will never BSOD with this error. FYI: By "booting cleanly" I mean that my laptop doesn't have the lag and makes it past that 4-8 minute threshold where it usually BSODs... AKA it is functioning normally.

When the computer is laggy and I know a BSOD is imminent, I have two options. I can either:
  1. Let the computer BSOD and restart automatically. Often times, this results in my comp rebooting with the problem again and then blue screening again. I sometimes can go through a cycle ~1-5 BSODs like this before it boots cleanly.
  2. I can perform a hard-shutdown, and then start the computer. This is more reliable on achieving a clean boot. I can't just shutdown the computer through the start menu because when I do this, I get to the "Shutting Down" screen and I am stuck there for what I think is an indefinite amount of time. I have left my computer in that "shutting down" stage and it either BSODs from there or stays there (for up to an hour in one test before I got mad and shut it off).
Using BlueScreenView, the problem is always listed as DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE with ntroskrnl.exe. I have tried most of the standard fixes - driver updates, rolling back drivers, updating windows, etc. I haven't updated the BIOS, but this error has been happening since the day I got the comp, and it has been almost 2 years since then.

I am supposed to be the student IT help guy at my university so it really pains me that I can't figure this out, lol. PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANYTHING YOU GUYS FIND!!! THANKS!

Attachments

• AlbatrossCafe2.zip
    757.4 KB · Views: 1
  • MSINFO32.zip
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
Back