Drivers for MSI CD-RW MS-8348

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been searching the drivers for the MSI MS-8348, but i cuoldn't find them.

I Know this product is no more in fabricaion, but I bought mine some time ago, and i need now to reinstall the drivers.

May anyone help me??
Thnk you very much.

yes, simply it doesn't seem to read anything

I can see the drive in the explorer, but it's impossible to read anything. Of course it neither writes.

Are there any exclamation points or question marks next to the drive in Device Manager? Are you using a program like Roxio or Nero?

looking for drivers for ms-8348 as well

Hi

I am also looking for the drivers for the MS-8348. I am running Windows 98. The cd shows up in the device manager and states all is working well however when I try to use the drive it can't read any cd. I was given the cd burner but with no software, so is there somewhere drivers can be found for it???

Many thanks

You do not need any special drivers for CD-ROM drives in Windows.

If you want CD burning software then Nero is a very good choice.

Hi Nodsu

I realise you don't need the drivers for a CD-ROM, however the MS-8348 I have is a 48x12x48 CDR/RW. Win 98 sees it as a ms 8348 CD-ROM (which it isn't, it is a burner); you still can't open any CD to look at it. The unit was working fine when it was taken out of the previous computer.

Cheers

Msi 8348

Hello

I am running Windows XP.
The device manager states all is working well....
When I try to use the drive it can't read or burn any cd.
Do I have to load the driver again?
If yes, where can I find it? The computer shop did not supply the driver.
Someone told me I had to update the bios Isn't that risky?

MSI CD-RW
MS-8348
48x16x48

Please help.
Thanks,
Niek Kremer Holland

You do not have to nor can you do anything with CDROM drivers in Windows.
You can only remove the CDROM device in Device Manager and let WIndows redetect it.

Does the drive itself recognise a CD?
Turn on the computer but do not let it go into Windows (press the pause key sometime during the POST). Put in an audio CD and try to play it if your drive has the play button and a plug for heaphones.

MSI writers have been nothing but trouble for me. You should go to MSI site and download a firmware update for your drive.

A mind of it's own!

I came here hoping the problem with my MSI CD-RW MS-8348 was simply a corrupted driver which I could re-download and I'd be smiling again!
Doh! So there are no drivers needed it seems (I have XP Pro as well).

Well, my drive seems to have a mind of it's own.
It will not always open when requested, either by pushing the now wobbly case button or asking windows to eject - though severe physical rovocation sometimes wins!lol

Then, when I manage to insert a blank cd, writing (usually with Nero) either jams part way through, or the cd has been 'written' to but remains blank!?!?

In short, the drive is unusable! Well, it reads cds, but I can do that in my other cd drive. It did work once upon a time, it seems to have been struck down with a mystery illness!

Is this a familiar story? If so, does anyone have any ideas not involving a hammer?lol

Cheers.

Go look for a firmware update from MSI.
I have had some horrific experiences with MSI CD recorders which even a firmware update would only alleviate but not fix.
I recommend a hammer :p

Msi Cd-rw 8348

vegasgmc said:
Are there any exclamation points or question marks next to the drive in Device Manager? .

Hello i am also trying to find a driver for my msi cd-rw 8348 as in device manager i have the infamous exclamation mark next to the device, i have tried to update driver in device manager but it says cannot find a better driver.I have also searched the web for this driver without success, any body who can help please feel free to E-MAIL me........ i think i may have to throw the cd-writer in the bin as it looks like these drivers are obsolete, thanks for any advice forthcoming from anyone.
YOURS BARRY.

MSI burner

I have the same "burner" which is not recognized by Nero or Itunes which isnt good. You can however burn an image file with Nero. The image file is then placed on your cd drive as if it was a hard drive (most likely E: drive) if you click on the E: drive it should have an image file. In the left pane XP will give you the option to "write these files to a cd".

This works for me if I want to convert MP3 to a WAV file with Nero or something similar. I then burn it with this option. Otherwise I just drag the files I want to the drive or right click on the file I want to burn and use the "send to" the correct drive (your burner drive). Its worth a try! Good luck. I hope I didnt confuse you too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back