Dropbox's Carousel will let you easily delete local photos that have been backed up

Himanshu Arora

Staff

Dropbox is testing a new Carousel feature that will allow you to delete local photos that have already been backed up when your device's storage is getting full. This means that you won't have to worry about managing space and manually deleting photos just to make sure that you can click some new ones.

The move should not only help users free precious space on their devices, but will also encourage them to think of Carousel, which is touted as "a gallery for all the photos and videos from your life”, as their main photo library.

For those who are unaware, Carousel groups photos chronologically by event, with the most recent appearing at the top. The application also offers a timeline that lets you easily jump between years or months.

According to the company, the new feature is currently being tested with a small number of users and may not be implemented more widely.

The news comes less than a week after Dropbox added iPad and Web apps for Carousel, which was already available for iPhone and Android phones. A version for Android tablets will be released in two weeks.

Permalink to story.

DROPBOX SUCKS. Do NOT use this software for ANY reason. They deleted and cannot find or recover 8 years of my life in documents(Including Web Sites I created) Pictures (29 Gigs of my personal photos 8 YEARS WORTH) and downloads (all my software and activation keys). And the "support' tells me it's MY FAULT???
**** DROPBOX!!!!! I'm not the only one either.

Back