Dual boot Windows XP BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed Windows XP onto a hard drive that already has Ubuntu 10.04 on it. Ubuntu still works fine, and i can use the GRUB bootloader, however when i try to boot Windows XP, it instantly goes to a BSOD when the "Windows XP" logo begins.

The code is :
0x0000007B ( 0xf7c1a528 , 0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

I've seen this issue on these boards before, and i think i know what the problem is, but i don't know how to fix it. The CD-ROM on my main laptop is broken, so i took my hard drive out of it and put it into another laptop (i have a Toshiba Satellite m40, and i put it into a Thinkpad T41). I then installed Windows XP normally and it worked fine. Then, after putting the hard drive back into my main laptop, I began to have this issue. I'm assuming the issue comes from Windows trying to load the wrong drivers or something.

At this point, i can still access that partition of the hard drive that contains Win XP, through Ubuntu, so i can definitely mess with the files in there if that is required.

Any suggestions? Any help would be really appreciated.

Do you have any minidumps available for analysis? You can check them in C:\windows\minidump.

Well, at the time, i couldn't boot into anything, so i couldn;t access anything.

But its alright. I just ended up doing a PXE install and was able to install Windows XP, and then Ubuntu on top of that.

Its working well now. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back