Dump of Physical Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,
Great Web Page!.....can anyone help me with this problem, or maybe point me in the right place to find out how to fix it.

I have windows XP and I keep getting a error message:

"STOP:c0000218{Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive(file):
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\System
or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping physical memory to disk:" (Counts 1 - 100 then starts to boot up all over agian with same error every time )

I have tried looking for post to maybe help fit the problem but most people can get at least to there desk top and update drivers. My computer just keeps shutting down over and over with the same error message coming up.

( I have 2 computers in my home so if there is a link with any kind of info I would be able to check it out )

Thanks in advance
Debbie ( beamer321)

Try running System file checker.

Go to start/run and type in "sfc /scannow".

Note: Make sure you have your windows xp disk handy.

And you can test you memory using Memtest. Download it from there, and follow all instructions exactly.

Regards Jase :)

Thanks for the reply Jase,

I will try to download the Memtest onto a Cd then try to run the test on my computer, but I can't get to the Start menu to use the run method, because this error just keep running and what it does is reboot my computer over and over with the same error coming up.
It doesn't allow me to even get to the desk top. The only thing I can get to is my bio's but Iam not that good with computer to even try changing anything there :)
Thanks again for the reply, I will try the Memtest Download.

Debbie

Right go into Bios and load defaults. Then try to boot up again. SOmeone could of change something in bios by accident, so just do that above.

Regards Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back