DVD Burning Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

Hey guys,
I have a couple questions, I'm buying a DVD Burner(Not sure which one yet). I'm also buying a video capture device. I plan on converting VHS video onto my pc and then making DVD's(Videos of my school's b-ball games). What brand/type of DVD media would you recommend that is the most Compatible with current home theater DVD-players.

Also what software would you recommend for burning, and editing the video some what. Thx.:D

I appreciate that very much, I had no idea DVD-R was more compatible with DVD players than DVD+R...

In my experience dvd-R data discs will never play in a dvd player (not suprising i guess) and my player wont even play dvd-R video discs- dvd-rw it plays like a champ.

Not always true Godataloss. I can play both + and - R and RW in two of my DVD set top boxes and my other can play + and - R. It depends on the DVD player itself, and if memory serves me there is a chart on dvdrhelp.com showing compatibility between media and players. I saw it long ago when it was vcdhelp.com .

can you cant play dvd +or- data discs in your dvd player. They are specified as data only and cost less than regular -r&-rw's.

Two of my DVD players(my cheap Apex, and my Philips) both will play nearly anything I toss at them. I also have an older Apex that is a bit more choosy.
dvdrhelp.com is a very useful site. Yes Papa, your memory does serve correct. They have a database of thousands of models, showing what they will and won't play, as well as loads of other useful info.

I have a cheesy DVD player that plays the cheapest media ever. I just bought a 50 spindle of DVD-Rs for about $35 and they work pefectly. :)

It even plays DVD+RW discs as well.

burning dvd

hi there
i'm a newb with this dvd burning. using Nero6 to burn dvds. but the max size i can burn is 4.5GB, but it's supposed to be 4.7GB. is this default for all the programs or it's bcoz of Nero.

I'm using LG SUPER MULTI ext burner.

Can someone explain on this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back