DVDs conflicting with Geforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

j17neo

Okay, I'm having abit of a problem ever since I installed the Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128MB PCI card.

Games and CDs for games run absolutely fine. But as soon as I run a DVD something goes awry.

When a DVD first starts, everything is good until it reaches the MENU screen where you pick to play the DVD, set up sound, etc, After it hits that screen, it goes FUZZY/BLURRY with lil white lines and dashes across the screen, with the playback of the DVD still running behind these blur marks. The blur marks STAY there throughout.. even when I try to watch the movie.

I have all the latest drivers installed for the Nvidia card. Like I said, games run fine... movies don't.

I never had this problem when I had my Geforce 440 MX PCI in.

Specs:

P4 2.00Ghz
512 DDR SDRAM

Have you tried another program to play the dvd in?

Have you changed any settings? Try setting everything to default.

Greets Crazy

Originally posted by Crazy
Have you tried another program to play the dvd in?

Have you changed any settings? Try setting everything to default.

Greets Crazy

Yes... I tried using different programs.
I even used the default Windows Player and the screen went blue and said there was an error with the file nv4_disp.dll Then it restarted Windows. Came back and said that Windows has recovered from a serious error.

Device Manager says that everything is running fine.. I re-installed the Nvidia card and drivers... I've messed with the settings.... could it be that the 5200 FX PCI is not compatible with DVDs? o.O

What players have you tried? What versions of drivers have you tried?

nv4_disp.dll is a display driver file, you may need to try a different version or the problem may be that you didn't remove the old drivers before installing new ones.

Yay! I fixed it. You were right.

I uninstalled ANYTHING having to do with Geforce. Re-installed the CD and Drivers. and now the DVDs work. the new Driver updates 45.23 has a conflict with DVDs for some reason. So I will stay away from these drivers for now. :)

Thank you guys for the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back