E and D removal disk drives not recognised by PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

compused

As you said I could save virus removal programmes to my desktop and then copy these to my partner's PC to run and install, I downloaded all the virus removal programmes from your 8-steps on to my laptop's Desktop and then successfully burnt these to a RW disk.

The trouble is my partner's PC is so bad that it won't even acknowledge that it has both D and E drives. When you go into My Computer, they are not even listed there, even if I open the drive, put the disk in and close it again. I'm at my wit's end what to do.

Any suggestions on how to get the stupid computer to recognise its own removable disk drives?

compused

If USB drives, first see this post for [post=727106]How to use the DriveCleanupTool[/post]

For any type of drive, also see [post=815753]CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters[/post]

If I run any of the cleanup tools suggested, would I have to make a backup of the hard drive? If this is the case, how would I do this without the use of the CD ROM drive, which is not being recognised atm?

No, the cleanup tool will not touch any of the data on your drives.

It uninstalls and removes all the Windows USB device descriptor info for all the USB unplugged devices.
> Will help fix any errors due to Windows device conflicts
> You should see a new, fresh install when you replug each of your USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back