Early iPhone prototype used 5x7-inch display, multiple I/O ports

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Extremely early images of an iPhone prototype have surfaced showcasing a massive 5-inch by 7-inch display and a bevy of I/O connections. The “handset” measured nearly two inches thick and predates the first iPhone launched in 2007 by two years...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/51894-early-iphone-prototype-used-5x7-inch-display-multiple-I-o-ports.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

soldier1969

I had the Iphone since release up until the 4. Was tired of waiting for a bigger screen so now I have the Galaxy Note 2, plenty big for my tastes. Sadly the Iphone seems to be losing its muster since. Samsung is the new Apple.

Reactions: UNKNOWN9122

Jad Chaar

I had the Iphone since release up until the 4. Was tired of waiting for a bigger screen so now I have the Galaxy Note 2, plenty big for my tastes. Sadly the Iphone seems to be losing its muster since. Samsung is the new Apple.
The note 2 is huge, but the Galaxy S4 is supposed to be just half an inch less. I wont be surprised if the note gets bigger lol. I hope Samsung introduces a new mini, with the same specs, but just a smaller screen.

TS-56336

I bet that in five years this exact model of iPhone will become popular with retrophile hipsters of the future.