EA's Medal of Honor reboot slated for fall 2010 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

More details have emerged about EA's reboot of the Medal of Honor video game series. Claimed to be the "most authentic modern war experience," the upcoming installment will be titled simply "Medal of Honor" and is slated for release in the fall of next year on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Set in modern-day Afghanistan, gamers will play as a "Tier 1 Operator" -- an elite Special Forces soldier of sorts -- who embarks on grueling missions assigned by the National Command Authority. The title will depart from previous Medal of Honor releases, which have largely featured WWII-era gameplay.

EA's Los Angeles studio will reportedly develop the game in conjunction with DICE, who will work on multiplayer elements. Medal of Honor will use DICE's Frostbite engine, which also powers recent Battlefield releases, including Bad Company, Bad Company 2, and the downloadable Battlefield 1943.

Expect to see a trailer during the Spike VGA awards on December 12. In the meantime, EA is taking preorders for all three platforms.

Permalink to story.

oooo....Haven't played Medal of Honor since Allied Assault, great game, excellent multi-player maps many years ago. Will be fun to see this develope. Cant wait!!

The Medal of Honor games were always a lot of fun so I'll be exicted to see this one come out. It looks like it should be a pretty cool game!

I know it's an old game but, coincidentally, I just finished playing MoHAA for the first time yesterday.

I actually might pick this one up, so tired of the WWII era games, will be nice to play an authentic modern FPS Wargame.

Yeah I haven't been into MoH since AA and SH. Great games. We'll see how the new bad *** M0H will do, hopefully better than Mw2 =)

I didn't like this games a lot, mainly because of their recurrent WWII environment, that war is now overused, I think most of us are sick of killing nazis. One of the reasons I liked Modern warfare was because we got to play in our time, I lnow WWII was very important in history but I think it's time to let it go.

You'd think these FPS war games would be getting a little old in popularity now. There must be a brazillion different titles released since BF1942 kicked the craze off 8 years ago.

But apparently not......

Well, it all started with MoH so why not? I even now play it on MP (LAN) with many of my friends. It's fun and you don't need a monster computer to play it. Looking forward to the trailer!

This was without a doubt one of my favourite WW game, hope it keeps up the line of gameplay that made this game gain such fame.

EA is the video game propaganda king. Everything of theirs is advertised as the best of whatever category it is in, and the reality almost always ends up being the dead opposite.

Nice! I played the original and tried Airborne, but never got hooked it. I am still looking for a game to replace the ever-awesome Team Fortress 2. I guess I still have another year of TF2.

The old Medal of Honor games were great. It's good to see that they're reviving the series, but I hope this one stays focused on combat and doesn't end up with too many stealthy type missions.

Im not going to lie, there are to many modern warefare games now, it is becoming the new WW2. It's being driven by the current wars. WIth Modern warefare 2 selling a trillion copies, battleifled Bad company 2 slated for release on all consoles/pc, and MAG to be released on PS3, idk if there is alot of money in this specific area as sales are going elsewhere. I kinda miss WW2 now lol

First gotta lol at the post after TomSEA's post, guess people aren't tired of FPS war games. Then I must look at what ColdPreacher said about CoD being more realistic, have you played the newest installment? Your one man against a unlimited non stop barrage of enemies in some of the missions, it almost gives Crysis a run for its money on the One Man Army approach. Now that I've got that out of the way time to lol at both the picture, thats one epic beard, and the setting in which this game takes place. Afghanistan, Really? Theres no way they are serious about that. "Operation Enduring Freedom" that will make for a great video game...

Wonder how this will turn out. Hopefully EA doesn't screw it up like they do to so many games.

So i guess the WWII setting is all dried up. Time to kill the modern setting by releasing dozens of games based on the near future/ modern day

allied assault was the first fps shooter game i played..very fun game.. looking forward to this release.

They are just milking the name. The game could have been called differently and they could have started a new trilogy. Medal of honor should remain a ww2 game.
We already have the Call of Duty series switching to modern times and now Medal of Honor too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back