Ebay problem- help greatly needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

hi, i have a really strange problem with ebay.co.uk. When i say go on any of the sections down the left hand side of the screen and then type anything in eg"desktop computers", it comes up with a weird message saying "there was a problem with your request please try again". I have tried again for the past two days but this message keeps on comming up.

whats going on?

any help appriciated!

If using a shortcut or stored url, don't.

Use Google, search 'EBay UK', then log in and try to navigate.

If that works OK, your shortcut/url has been hijacked.

In any event, clear ALL temp, history and cookie files and ask for some spyware help to clean your comp.

thanks for the help, as it happens i do not have an account at the moment, i just order stuff of my friends account. I deleted all browsing history, removed it from my favourites and ebay is now working properly! Before doing this used google to access abay but the same problem occured.
so i take it my url was not hijacked then, i have spybot search and destroy, and it found no problems.
thanks again for your help

i use agv free, is it really simple and user friendly. I also have mcaffe but don't use it because it slowed my pc down a lot and added more processes, which is what i don't want.

i have done a scan on spybot and it's found nothing
shall i do one on agv, is there a chance i could have some sort of malicious spyware or a virus?

should i put the programs you reccomended on my computer, and leave spybot search and destroy on, or delete it.

You should keep spybot,

But don't download Hijackthis from majorgeeks, first of all you could screw up your computer if you don't know exactly what you are doing, and second, that is the wrong version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back