eMachine monitor is changing colors... Need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an eMachine T6420 two weeks out of warranty. The monitor will be normal and then suddenly change to a blueish hue. No problems with any software or pictures, just a blue hue. Sometimes this happens at startup and some times it will change after the computer has been on for a while. Sometimes the problem is intermittent, changing between normal and the blue hue. My monitor is an AGM and the monitor is not the problem as I have hooked another monitor up to the T6420 and the problem still exists. I would appreciate any suggestions on anything to try or what the problem might be, or it is something that I can replace?.......

Hello and welcome to techspot, a number of problems can cause the symtoms that you are describing. First off check to see if the cable in the back of the computer that connects the monitor is tightly in, also check if their is anything with magnets near your monitor like speakers if so move it away, also the best way to know is if you test the monitor on another computer and see if you experience the same symptoms

best of luck

Thank you swker98, I will try everything you suggested. Cables seem to be tight, will try a different monitor on the machine now. Thank you again.

it could be the card but the only true way to tell would be to put a working monitor to that computer and see if the same thing happionds, also try the suggestion above you

what happionds when you plug it into a different computer?

I tried a different monitor and got the same blue hue, so I think the problem is with the computer/card? Any suggestions on a good card?

what do you do with your system, what kind of expansion slots do you have for video (AGP, PCI-E X16), or you could just go with PCI.

This is a good PCI card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back