Emachine t2200 mobo prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a computer today that was complained about for having numerous blue screens. After i had plugged it in i noticed no power lights at all, so i tried replacing the cord, etc. I ended up trying a different PSU, it turned on, the cpu fan spun up and a red light came on, on the mobo, however no video. I tried putting in an agp video card but still no video, no post beeps no nothing. After reading similar posts within your forum all I can reason is that the PSU went up and took the mobo with it. If you think this is the case I also heard that the motherboard in the t2200 was discontinued so im wondering what would be a good replacement. I have a legitimate copy of Windows XP home (not OEM) and a key so it doesn't need to be the exact same board. Any ideas?:approve: Thanks

7h3\/|r00$

Did you ever get this resolved? If so what did you do? I tried a new MOBO but that one doesnt even power up at all? Thanks.

Magnolia, did you replace the PSU? Did you read all the other posts on this forum about this issue? MANY, post/people are having the same issues with the eMachines. I would imagine your PSU is shot as well!!

halo71 said:
Magnolia, did you replace the PSU? Did you read all the other posts on this forum about this issue? MANY, post/people are having the same issues with the eMachines. I would imagine your PSU is shot as well!!

Yup, a new one was just installed. I also purchased a replacement board of the same model on E-Bay...model # L7VMM2 REV. 1.0A. When I put all the parts on there it would not even power up? This is the link to that board. I'm about to return it because it might be defective.

Magnolia00 said:
Yup, a new one was just installed. I also purchased a replacement board of the same model on E-Bay...model # L7VMM2 REV. 1.0A. When I put all the parts on there it would not even power up? This is the link to that board. I'm about to return it because it might be defective.

That board is manufactured by ECS... It is crap. These crap parts are what makes Emachines so bad. You could buy a copy of XP and get a quality board and power supoply. This would save you both time and money in the long run

I have not resolved this yet because the person i am helping out wants to wait till after taxes, i am deciding what to do. I think it is best, taking into consideration all of the posts and the generous suggestions you guys have provided for me, to find a replacement mobo with similar configurations and to get a better psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back