Emachine t2862/windows xp help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everybody, let me first start by saying i'm not very 'tech-savvy' so just bare with me please. ok my son left for college, and left his emachines t2862 desktop at home. i went to start it today and the screen looked like it was in safe mode with horrible graphics. The only application on the desktop is the recycle bin. if someone could please help me it would be so appreciated. thank you so much.

Hello and Welcome

This is what your eMachines T2862 is made of:

Specifications
CPU: Intel® Celeron® D 330 Processor
Operates at 2.66GHz
256KB L2 cache & 533MHz FSB
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home

Chipset: Intel® 845GV chipset
Memory: 256MB DDR (PC 2700)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 60GB HDD
Optical Drive: 48x Max. CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 digital media manager (USB 2.0, Secure Digital™ (SD), Smart Media, Compact Flash, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO, Micro Drive, Multimedia Card)
Video: Intel® Extreme Graphics 3D
64MB Shared memory
Sound: AC '97 Audio

Sounds like XP Home is corrupt, or the hard drive is dieing... It is also very possible that the system is past it's useful life, and it will need a new power supply and motherboard soon. It can be totally rebuilt for around $200 if need be, or you can save for a new system

ok, well my sister just bought a dell laptop with windows vista installed on it, but it also came with a disc, on the disc it says 'only use with dell computers' could i try it and see if it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back