eMachine tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been given a warranty repair job on an eMachine. The warranty provider is in Florida and chose me to give the job to rather than try to send a tech all the way from Anchorage. I have never replaced a eMachine MOBO, and I am not at all familiar with tattoo procedure. The warranty provider gave me a link to a HP/Compac tattoo download where I was able to burn a disk. However, when I actually got the MOBO, it turned out to be a eMachine, not HP or Compac. Will the tattoo work anyway? I could also use any help you might give on better understanding the whole tattoo process.
chuck1939

You poor fellow... Emachines warranty repair. If you use a replacement Emachines motherboard, the tattoo should not be an issue

Thanks! I have already learned not to get involved in warranty work again, unless it is on one I persnally build. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly, but I just don't want to show up at the customer's and look like a fool because I didn't take the time to investigate this issue. I will be taking a PS with me just in case that was the culprit from the start. Thanks again!
chuck1939

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back