eMachines intros Athlon II Neo-based 'floating' nettop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

If you've ever wanted a PC packaged in a floating black diamond, eMachines has brought that fantasy to reality today with the launch of its new Mini-e ER1402 nettop. The company says its glossy black diamond-shaped chassis "floats" in a matte silver pedestal – not exactly the work of science fiction, but cool nonetheless.

The ER1402 measures 7.1 inches in diameter and it can be affixed to the rear of VESA-complaint displays for a clean entertainment setup. It packs enough punch to deliver full HD video, but eMachines says the system is also suitable for flash-based social media games, Web surfing, word processing, VOIP calls, and viewing and editing photos.

Guts include an AMD Athlon II Neo processor, Nvidia GeForce 9200 graphics, 2GB of RAM, a 160GB HDD, HDMI, S/PDIF, 802.11b/g/n, four USB 2.0 ports, and a multi-card reader. The ER1402-05 ships with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit as well as a keyboard and mouse. It's currently available through various retailers nationwide for $300.

Permalink to story.

E machines are the only computers I tell people to stay away from. All companies have manufacturing defects at some point but Emachines are just terrible.

We share seefizzle's opinion... Only the Packard Bell is a less reliable computer than the average eMachines... I cannot believe the eMachines intros Athlon II Neo-based 'floating' nettop would work any better or last any longer.
Do they still offer only a one year warranty, and no tech support?

If it sold without the OS, Kboard and, mouse for $150 then It would begin to look interesting.

I for one have had an eMachine for over 4 years without any issues. It's mainly the kids computer now, but it works and has taken the abuse.

Sig.

This is an Acer built unit...eMachines was bought by Gateway in '04 and Acer bought Gateway about 3 years a go..

thatguyandrew92 said:
dummybait said:
why do they even put a 64-bit OS on this thing when it won't even utilize it?...
Why would you even want a 32bit OS?

Alot of people have not gone 32 bit yea, me included. I have 4 gig of ram, I really should lol.

gobbybobby said:
thatguyandrew92 said:
dummybait said:
why do they even put a 64-bit OS on this thing when it won't even utilize it?...
Why would you even want a 32bit OS?

Alot of people have not gone 32 bit yea, me included. I have 4 gig of ram, I really should lol.

don't you mean "alot of people have not gone 64 Bit yet"??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back