Emachines T2865 Jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidently unplugged all the jumpers like POWER_SW, HDD LED, and POWER LED. Anyone know how to put it back in the right pins?

They should be labled on the motherboard close to those pins. Just plug them in accordingly. If you still cant find them, look up the model number of the MOTHERBOARD and see if you can find a manual.

Read the MOBO carefully they will be marked probably. Find the Power switch and get the system running. The jumpers are polarity sensitive. They either work or dont work. If they work great if not reverse the plug 180 degrees. LED lamps will not lite if the cathode and anode are reversed. Generally the label on the plug is toward the center of the MOBO or your right shoulder. But not always.

Generally the label on the plug is toward the center of the MOBO or your right shoulder. But not always.
First part I've noticed, so I agree with you there. But most motherboards have the power switch and hd led at the bottom right of the motherboard (with the I/O panel being on the upper left, and the PCI slots bottom left to middle left). So the second part about "right shoulder" doesn't fit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back