Email from dos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmashock

If this is in the wrong forum then please relocate it.

I have a DOS database that can't be replaced for a few years and was wondering if there is a good email program for dos?

Here are the features I'm looking for:

Scriptable so that it can be triggered automatically, do it's job, and then go away.

Require no installation... that is you place the executable, whatever support files, and it's config file in a folder and it's ready to go.

Resolves variables. If I tell it to send %emailmessage% and %emailmessage% was previously set=Call mike now ... it will send the message "call mike now" instead of the variable name. That should also include the recipient's address... so %recipient% should resolve to recipient@host.com

Anyone know of a good program that can do this?

Ideally I'd like it's execution to look something like this:

Emailprog.exe %recipient% %emailmessage%

With whatever switches would be kept.

I found a program called "blat" which does everything... I LOVE this program.

I just enter this into the script:
Blat -server %smtpserver% -f %sendaddress% -port 25 -pw %emailpassword% -to %recipient% -i %replyaddress% -subject "%emailsubject%" -body "%emailmessage%"

And everything works perfectly.

scriptable, dos email

Very considerate of you to follow-up with your findings,
This makes you a contributor to the community -- nicely done :)

First, I love this community and I mine the brains here whenever I'm confused about something. So it's the very least I can do...

I'm using this with email to SMS and email to Fax solutions too so it's actually very powerful this way.

We have some people in the field and now this 1990 something database can automatically SMS updates to them and automatically fax work orders to some of our even MORE privative sub offices. It's really awesome when you think about it.
han1.jpeg

I love it when a plan comes together.

btw: there are other solutions for 'scripted email' using Perl or PHP.

eg: Perl
# send_email() Version 1.5 #
# Written by Craig Patchett #
# and Matthew Wright

# This subroutine is part of The CGI/Perl Cookbook from John Wiley & Sons. #​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back