enable winxp automatic login

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturbo23

I am currently running winXP home edition on my computer and cannot enable automatic login at startup.

I have tried editing the registry as advised but this doesnt work!

I need automatic login

Please can you tell me how to remove it as it is really annoying!!!!

Originally posted by StormBringer
That is the wrong version Phant, there is a version for just XP http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

We've discussed this Tweakui version conflict before: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2999&highlight=tweakui

Yeah I know that there is a TweakUI especially for Windows XP, it comes with the Windows XP powertoys.

But this version works just fine and I generally prefer it. I've had no problems with this version under XP and I've not heard of anyone who has. Apologies if you know something I don't.

Well, MS and most things I've read warns not to use the older version with XP due to un-named conflicts and problems. That is why I always point people with XP to the version for XP.

No one has pointed out any specific problems that I'm aware of. I just don't like using something that is not recommended when there is another version made for the particular version.

Geez you guys are so stupid, why tweak for when you can just do the following?

Click start> run, enter “ control userpasswords2 “. Click your user account, untick the box Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click apply, this will open a box giving you the option to log on automatically.Type in your password. Click Ok when you’re done, the change will take effect next time you log on.

hey let's insult people for a 9 month old thread!

they never said there weren't other ways, that was what was suggested. chill out.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shalft
Geez you guys are so stupid, why tweak for when you can just do the following...

This method does not work if you are part of a domain. In which case you would need to use TweakUI. So, I am officially criticising your "idea". Just remember, no matter how slick you think you are, there is always someone else that knows more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back