Enlarge partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetchips

Hi all,

When I installed my new hard drive, I made two partitions. The first has the operating system. Is there a way to enlarge that a little? I have all of my programs over on the other one, but Windows adds little things here and there so I'd like to make it bigger if I could.

Thanks

I have done this more than once with Drive Image (I am sure other similar software would also work)
Works great if you have some medium to temporarily store the Image copy.

Drive is PowerQuest's equivalent to Nortion Ghost, maybe you meant PowerQuest Partition Magic (it is not a freeware).

Look at this thread, you can find one or more freeware partition editors.

Note that some utilities can't resize partitions undestructively, so you'll lose the data if you resize with them. In any case, back up important files first.

I used Partition Magic 8.0 to move space from one partition to another. It worked great. Just dont use Partition magic to change drive letters lol.

Didou said:
Drive is PowerQuest's equivalent to Nortion Ghost, maybe you meant PowerQuest Partition Magic (it is not a freeware).

Look at this thread, you can find one or more freeware partition editors.

I meant Drive Image .You can make an I mage of your drives>Then resize the partition and copy the image back to your drives ,All with the same software.
It works great!

Paragon Partition Manager

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the demo version of this and I was able to resize the partition. Thanks for all the advice. I really didn't want to have to reinstall. Everything is working perfectly.

Shari

Enlarge system partition

To enlarge the system partition, you need to use the special partition resizing program. In fact, Windows Vista/2008/7 Disk Management can extend a NTFS partition, but it cannot do any help to the system partition.
In the market, there are many partition resizing product, for example, Acronis Disk Director, Paragon partition Manager, EASEUS Partition Master, GParted. But among the product, I like to use EASEUS Partition Master, which is very easy.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that. I want to upgrade the drive, but that will work for now. I appreciate your time!!

thank you longtail, i searched easeus in google and find the information partition-tool.com/resource/resize-boot-partition.htm
yes it is really easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back