Entire Office 2003 suite looks like Office 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-Guy

Hello all, the entire Office 2003 suite one day looks old like 2000 or Windows 2000 icons in general.

Does anyone know why this happened and how it could be fixed?

Thanks.

This had happened to me once but in office 2007. It happened when I tried to open an older file type so It went into compatibility mode, which also changes the layout.

Not sure if its the same thing with office 2003 but go into options, advanced, and see if you can find something like compatibility options or layout.

Anyway if its not their your looking for some kind of option like that so snoop around all the options, views, and windows menus.

Found a way to fix it.

We had the same issue with Office 2003 products looking like they were Office 97. I checked just about every setting possible. I would log into the PC as myself and it looked OK but as soon as I logged in as the user it looked like Office 97.

So I thought a new profile would help. Well kind of. It finally was a combination of a new Windows profile and going into the Display Properties, then under Theme I changed it to Windows XP.

Seemed to have worked for the person I had.

I've just had this and eventually fixed it.

Another site/forum suggested setting the theme back to the default of windows xp but that didn't work, neither did the suggestion above, so here's my successful fix...

Uninstall the nvidia display driver and re-install it (I installed the one windows found automatically from the MS website I think).

A reboot or two during this process might help as I tried upgrading the driver first which made the whole of windows look like it was in safe mode but after some reboots it was still safe mode looking so I did the uninstall and re-install which fixed everything - windows and office :)

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back