Everything But Audio CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Just want to know if anyone else had had this one happen and if so what your solution was. Here are all the details....

I write music using FL studio 6, and record using Cool Edit Pro 2. When I burn my creations I get bad skipping on my CD's. Now, it happens very rarely on various artist cd's I've burned. I have a new CD/DVD burner from sony, and it burns everyother format without a problem. Likewise did my previous burner.

I have tried different burning programs with the same results. It seems to do better if I have the music way below 1db. Which leaves me deafening my self when I change CD's. Is it the amplification, frequency, bit rate... what can I do to fix it???

Please Help a distraught musician!

Does it skip, or is it just cutting out? What is the time indicator on your player doing (that will tell you if its skipping or cutting out for sure). Have you tried different players?

What if you put the max amplitude at -1.5dB? It shouldn't be too quiet at that rate, and it won't ever cross that magical -1dB value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back