Everything's Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off let me say this is my frist time ever on here, I'm using a mate's account and I'm sorry if I've posted in wrong place.

Everything's gone! Well not everything but most things. I have Windows XP and last night when shutting down I got a little trigger happy and turned it off at the wall just before it had closed down properly, but it was pretty damn close.
I turned my computer on today and it still went on to my user profile but my background had changed back to default and all my documents, pics and music had gone. But programmes still remained. I think they are still there as when I click on my hard drive it still says that the same amount is in use. So where are my pics, docs etc.?

Can anyone shed some light on this? It would be much apprecitated as lost content was very precious.

Thanks in advance, F.

P.s. Someone asked so I thought I'd better post it. Although my programme files remain ie. nokia pc suite and EA games the computer is treating me as though I've just installed it. Offering the XP tour and changing my most visited places list back to default ie. msn, explorer etc.
Asking if it's the first time in media player all that stuff.

F.

if you have a restore point made try that
sounds like corrupt reg
the os went to default because of the bad shutdwn
if no restore point
you can try on boot f8 and use last known good condition

You can sometimes get your account back by logging in/out a few times.

Computers are meant to be logical,but that`s not always true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back