EVGA intros enthusiast four-way SLI X58 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

EVGA has pulled back the curtain on the world's first four-way GTX 285 SLI capable X58-based motherboard. Simply christened "EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI," the board supports the use of up to four single-PCB GPUs simultaneously. To accompany it, EVGA has also introduced a Classified-branded GTX 285 video card.

EVGA's has built their new motherboard around the XL-ATX form factor, and houses seven PCI-E slots with support for two, three, and four-way SLI or CrossFireX configurations. It features a 10 phase digital PWM with a switching frequency of 1333KHz, low ESR/ESL film capacitor, 100% solid state capacitors, and 300% more gold content on the LGA1366 socket.

Other specs include support for 24GB of DDR3 1600MHz RAM, nine SATA II host adapters with support for RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5, and JBOD, dual gigabit Ethernet, twelve USB 2.0 ports, and more. The board's complementary GTX 285 features an 8 phase digital PWM, low ESR/ESL film capacitor, X-Cool jumper, three PCI-E 6-pin connectors, and dedicated voltage read points.

EVGA's impressive offering is said to have broken four 3DMark world records during the Motor City Overclocking Event. The company recommends that the X58 Classified motherboard be used with a chassis that has nine or more expansion slots. Note that the board is quite large at 13.5" x 10.3", so be sure to break out a measuring tape before placing your order.

EVGA is obviously targeting the extreme enthusiast community, and as such, you can expect to pay for it. The X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard is stamped with an MSRP of $450, and the GTX 285 Classified GPU is equally pricey at $380.

Permalink to story.

By "supports the use of up to four single-PCB GPU's simultaneously," that doesn't mean you could hook up 4 of the new single-PCB GTX 295's does it?

"Quad sli means only two cards?" Hmmmm.... strange! quad means two?
Interesting...(quad means 2) lol

Wow, that Guest is an *****, try knowing more before you post. If you know anything having to do with vga's, pci e slots. You'd know that the gtx 295 is 2x gtx275's slapped on one card. So yes in this case, two would equal four.

Geez...if you filled up every slot you'd need to run that in liquid oxygen to keep it cool.

lol I doubt you'd need to go that far, but I havnt seen quad sli bridges. for 4 seperate cards

I bet the board comes with the quad SLI bridge

Geez...if you filled up every slot you'd need to run that in liquid oxygen to keep it cool.

You mean liquid nitrogen or helium? Liquid helium is colder than either liquid nitrogen or oxygen. In fact, it has the lowest boiling point of any element. And with liquid oxygen...

Kaboom!

To be accurate, any one of these gases as a liquid are cold enough to support cooling a massively overclocked CPU or graphics card.

Oxygen is NON-flammable. It is the agent of combustion. I won't either burn or explode on it's own. However, keep your cigarette at least a block and a half away from it.

This is why NO2 (Nitrous Oxide) is used in automobile racing, when the gas is heated during combustion, it breaks down into it's component gases, and the oxygen works it's magic on the gasoline. The nitrogen is then pretty much out of the loop.

I thought the gtx 295 had 2 gtx 260 gpu's. BTW, I am not the same guest. For the other guest, this board will support 4 cards in 4 way sli.

7 slots of vga,what these ppl are trying to do???
it will be very great at everything
nice mobo

That are 7 PCIe x16 slots, which can be used for anything else besides videocards too. PCie soundcards, PCIe networkcards, PCIe Raidcontrollers.

So, ask yourself: did i made a stupid remark ?

That are 7 PCIe x16 slots, which can be used for anything else besides videocards too. PCie soundcards, PCIe networkcards, PCIe Raidcontrollers.

So, ask yourself: did i made a stupid remark ?

wonderful sentence structure.

To my knowledge GTX 295 is powered with 2x GTX 260 processors but is faster if you run 2x GTX 260 2-way SLI (but not much).

Even though for ordinary user puting 4 cards of that GTX 200 series cards size would seem to obstruct the expansion bays for other slots some enthusiasts from Antwerp have managed to push 7 of these kind of cards in making the ordinary desktop PC go outerlimts with the total of 12-teraflops. For your refference one GTX 295 is about 1800 gigaflops. They called their creation The Fastra. Now they released another version for this desktop super comuter called Fastra II. For more info on that amzaing assembly check out

Fastra II
http://fastra2.ua.ac.be/

The price for this only EUR 6000 which is not bad for professional scientists or design workers.

I wish I could use this for Fume FX rendering in 3ds Max. I bet I could get flame renders of 500*500*750 simultaneousel LOL.

P.S.: BTW, I am also another Guest ... LOL

the card has 2 gpu inside it so 1 card is dual and 2 cards is quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back