EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard LAN ports not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

chance1138

I just recently bought a new motherboard and processor. I wanted to get an Intel e6750 processor, so I went with the EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard. (I'll post the exact model once I get home.)

I already had an existing machine, so I reinstalled Windows XP Pro 64 bit after replacing my parts. Everything seemed to run just fine, but once I have Windows loaded, neither of the Gigabit LAN ports are recognized. I figured that they were disabled in BIOS, so I made sure they were enabled. That didn't help, so I figured that I would have to install drivers. After doing that, I still have no network connections. Ipconfig shows nothing either.

I didn't have a lot of time after I finished the build, so I haven't yet played around any further than what I described above, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem is. I'm not currently with the machine, but I'll edit my post accordingly once I get there, and I'll post anything else I try, as well.

As usual, any help is appreciated!

P.S. Does anyone know what the normal or load temps that a stock e6750 will run at? No problems, just curious!

you need to install the motherboard drivers. Usually supplied with the mobo. You may need to download Win64 versions (if available)

I had installed the drivers from the CD. I hadn't checked the device manager yet, though, and several of them had errors installing. I had actually managed to miss that the audio drivers had also had a problem installing. After reinstallation, everything seems to be fine. It would have helped if I had had more time to spend with it the first time I was doing everything. I usually try to make a point not to rush anything, because I always miss something when I do.

Thanks for the reply, Tedster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back