Explorer shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my first time on this site but i'm at my wits end and after days of frustration I decided to seek a bit of help.

The problem is that my windows explorer keeps shutting down, I get a popup saying that windows explorer has encounted a problem and needs to shut down. Also i get an error coming up saying "0x7c93426d" referenced memory at "0x00000001" the memory could not be "read". I'm not sure if both things are connected or not.

I have only just re formatted my PC and after all the drivers and such, the first thing I loaded on was trend micro internet security pro 2008. I also do a weekly scan with spybot just in case TM misses anything.

I would be grateful if you could help me with this problem as it seems to be getting worse.

p.s i D/L regcure and ran that and it helped a little but the problem is still there

That "Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2008" have you paid for it already?

It's just that it uses a lot of system resource (Ram wise) and if you have any issue with your Ram memory whatsoever, installing Trend will certainly make it apparent.

If you haven't purchased it, then I'd recommend un-installing (totally) and trying AVG Free Ver 8

If you're stuck on Trend (your choice!) then you should test your Ram with Memtest for 7 Passes. Which you probably should do anyway.

I'd like to know your decision, either way.

The MS info on this implicates DRM and various media issues.
Eject CD/DVD media and reboot.

Go to the Event Viewer (run->eventvwr.msc)
scroll thru System, Application for Errors and find current errors that happened recently. The little document button will copy to the clipboard so you can paste into
a follow-up.

thanks for the help guys. in answer to your question kimsland, yes i have already paid for trend micro so im kinda stick with it for the next 11 months.

I ran memtest and there was no errors at all.

I ended up taking my pc to my cousins house and I dont know what he did to it but it seems to be working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back