Explorer User Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is the right place to be posting this and if not please direct me. I use a favorite website daily dealing with antiques and use their forum often as a guide in dealing with questions about antiques. I have never had a problem with this website - until today. I try to open the site and it seems to be opening fine until a box pops up saying Explorer User Prompt and under this it says Script Prompt, a lot of gibberish and a box that looks like you should be able to type in with more gibberish in the box, it also says ok and cancel. As soon as this box comes up a file automatically opens as well and it opens Windows Picture and FAX Viewer, nothing there but the file name xpladv704[1]. As soon as this comes up AVG opens and identifies this xpladv704[1] as a virus and I delete it. I really need access to the site as it deals with business information I need to function. I have tried everything I can think of and this is driving me crazy. I use Windows XP OS and am current on all updates and as I wondered if it was just my pc or the site I tried the site on 3 different computers in different locations with the same end results. I can't contact the website webmaster because it won't let me do anything within the site to even attempt to find the webmaster. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like an adware/spyware problem from that particular site to me.

What is the site ?

Download a better/safer browser like OPERA or FIREFOX They might block the junk.

I just tried that site with IE,and got the same problem.
I don`t trust any site that suddenly tries to download something.

Neither Opera or Firefox had a problem.

Take this opportunity to dump IE for a safe(r) browser.

Peddant I've never heard of these browsers but decided to try out Opera - to say I'm impressed would be a huge understatement. I tried the site using Opera and no problem at all. Thanks so much for the help I really do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back