External GPU Problem

Hi guys.I'm sorry.My English is bad.
My computer does not turn on when I connect my external display card. but it works with the internal video card. my display card works on another computer and also another graphics card works on my computer. Where is your problem? Which device should I change?
RİG:
AMD FX-6100 3.30 GHZ
GİGABYTE GA-880GM-D2H rev 4.0
Zotac GTX650Tİ 1 GB GDDR5 128 BİT
Kingston 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHZ CL9
Highpower 700 W Bronze Element +80 plus
Seagate 1 TB SATA 3 HDD
I'd try:
-Bios update and reset
-HDD Check with seatools
-Ram check with memtest

Try contacting AMD---

http://www.amd.com/en/corporate/contact

screenshot_25.jpg

why did you put this link? I dont understand. I know the properties of my processor.
Good for you! I saw some chipset drivers that I thought might be of interest to you. @DavidBailey has posted a link for you. You question "What devise should I change"?? You checked HHD and RAM. Has this card ever worked on your PC?? IDK

Could the actual issue have to do with the BIOS setting which determines which device will run graphics? I do not have the manual for your motherboard, but it should be identified in the section on settings.

Good for you! I saw some chipset drivers that I thought might be of interest to you. @DavidBailey has posted a link for you. You question "What devise should I change"?? You checked HHD and RAM. Has this card ever worked on your PC?? IDK
I installed all the motherboard chipset drivers.my display card worked before, I used it for 4 years.
Could the actual issue have to do with the BIOS setting which determines which device will run graphics? I do not have the manual for your motherboard, but it should be identified in the section on settings.
I turned on the pci-express x16 (2.0) setting in bios settings, still the same.

OK, this is a puzzle. Still guessing, but what if the driver for the card is set at an out-of-bounds resolution.

IGP works. GPU doesn't. GPU works on another system. Conclusion: hardware is (um, probably - power at the 6-pin connector is unproven unless the card you swapped in did specifically use it) 'ok', but something else is not.

Can you run system with IGP and use DDU to remove video drivers? Then try GPU again. PnP should push a basic driver in place.

Another thought would be to use bootable media, like a Linux Rescue disk, to confirm that the hardware - specifically the GPU - is 'ok' when in your current system.

As ever, please let us know if there are beeps or flashing LEDs.

OK, this is a puzzle. Still guessing, but what if the driver for the card is set at an out-of-bounds resolution.

IGP works. GPU doesn't. GPU works on another system. Conclusion: hardware is (um, probably - power at the 6-pin connector is unproven unless the card you swapped in did specifically use it) 'ok', but something else is not.

Can you run system with IGP and use DDU to remove video drivers? Then try GPU again. PnP should push a basic driver in place.

Another thought would be to use bootable media, like a Linux Rescue disk, to confirm that the hardware - specifically the GPU - is 'ok' when in your current system.

As ever, please let us know if there are beeps or flashing LEDs.
Thank you for your help.
I have installed windows on the onboard graphics card several times before. But the situation did not change. There is no beep sound or LED light on the ground. I do not understand where the problem is. But I hate unbranded computers.

Just shoving another clean copy of Windows into the system isn't likely to work.

Check for good power at secondary (6-pin, I think) connection after looking up voltages required. Likely to be..
3.3V wires are orange; +5V wires are red; -5V wires (if they are present) are white; +12V wires are yellow; -12V wires are blue; ground wires are black. The green wire is the "power on" sensor, but should check in mobo manual. I use a multimeter.
IF GOOD, THEN...

Use DDU while using IGP to remove GPU driver. Then boot using the GPU to see if PnP will install generic driver.
IF NOT, THEN...

Try a rescue disk with another OS which makes it bootable - see if it can run with GPU.
IF NOT,THEN...

Borrow known good PSU and/or GPU and try them.

As always, beeps / sounds / lights - do tell.

Back