eyes hurt, considering LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjps220

I have a samsung syncmaster 753df CRT monitor. I spend a lot of time on the computer for both work and entertainment and I find that I start to really squint and focusing becomes hard after a while. I've heard that LCD monitors are a lot easier on the eyes so I'm considering one.

I really notice the ghosting effect on certain screens when I watch movies. I play games a lot so if I get an lcd it would have to have a decent response time. Does anyone have any suggestions, keeping in mind that I am very much on a budget? Any hints as to brands to consider/avoid? What are the most important numbers to look at (ie contrast ratio, response time, brightness). Also if someone could explain the native resolution to me, I would be very greatful!

Native resolution is the resolution at which the LCD works best and it is also the maximum resolution attainable. Using lower resolutions means losing (a lot of) picture quality.

Think whether you can run your favourite games at that res or whether you are willing to play an ugly-looking game.

You could consider a high-end CRT that can do 100Hz or more at your favourite resolution.

I was having the same problem and new glasses didn't improve the situation at all.
I bought a BenQ FP71V - - 4ms Grey to Grey response time.
I've been using it almost constantly for about 4 months now and so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back