Facebook breaks 250 million users mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

The world's most-used social networking site continues to grow, with Facebook announcing recently that they have managed to subscribe over 250 million people. CEO Mark Zuckerberg took a moment to post a blog update celebrating their achievement, at the same time shedding light on future goals the company has set for themselves. At a quarter billion they have more than twice the number of users their most direct competitor, MySpace, has and their growth has been rapid to say the least.

Where is Facebook going from here? More mobile development and tighter web integration is clearly on the schedule, as Zuckerberg specifically mentioned that some of their growth has been attributed to features such as Facebook Connect. Included in the blog posting is a map indicating the scope of Facebook users, which stretch across the entire globe. How long will Facebook be able to maintain this growth? It would also be interesting to know how many of those 250 million users are actually active.

Permalink to story.

I can't say either whether or not Facebook has all the people it says it has using the program, but I can say that when I first got on to it and started using the program, not everyone knew what it was let alone went there and tried it, BUY now I can honestly say that everyone I know and they know all get together on Facebook. I personally have made some really lovely people on Facebook, most of them are from over seas, and it's a wonderful way to meet and have some really strong friendships on the internet, without haveing to worry about sleeze bags giving you a hard time or anoying you to death that in the end you just switch off. If something is concidered offencive on Facebook, then you can get them shut down and not be able to interfere with the honest people that use the program.
As far as I'm concerned...... Good on you Facebook, keep up the good work and keep it free, and you will keep those numbers up.

Very Happy user

Facebook isn't as much fun once your mom, dad, aunts and uncles decide they don't want to "fall behind" with technology and get Facebook pages. But apparently the same mentality does not apply with the DVR...or any other piece of technology

I have to admit, it does pi** me off when my parents are posting stupid young pictures of me when i was like 4 and when I have a girlfriend they try to embarass me...But appart from that its a great site! and you can block your parents when need be =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back