Failed Connection to the Internet: Internal

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidfire

I was about to play an Unreal 2k4 game, Ventrillo was on Everything was fine.

I switched gaming servers and died once and this is what happens:

Every application that was open on my computer shutsdown and dissapears. My computer starts to shutdown, gets to a blue screen and just hangs...

After restarting the computer manually everything loads fine. Unfortunately I cannot connect to the internet. I thought it might be a problem with the modem or the router so I started up my laptop. My laptop had no problem connecting to the internet. I then switched the ISDN cable that worked on my laptop to my downed main computer... Still no connection.

This makes me think that something in my computer has a new problem.

thanks techspot!

PCI Card

I just went and bought a 10/100 PCI card thinking that I could bypass my problem and connect to the internet. Unfortunately after I installed the PCI card and the driver I am still unable to connect to the internet.

liquidfire said:
I just went and bought a 10/100 PCI card thinking that I could bypass my problem and connect to the internet. Unfortunately after I installed the PCI card and the driver I am still unable to connect to the internet.

I have the same issue: on my Abit IS7 board, I have also disable the on board ethernet port and bought a linksys ethernet adapter card, installed it, installed the driver for xp.. device manager says that the device is working properly, but still unable to connect to the internet. The rj45 line works, I test it on another pc. and is able to connect to the internet.

I have reset the bio to default settings thinking that it was a setting on the board..
I also restore the active-x to default settings in XP... set all security options to off, still unable to connect to the internet.

The only other option next is to clean reinstall of xp..
But wanted to check to see if there is any other options
Anyone have any ideas.....?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back