1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Faint monitor lines issue?

By Neezie
Jul 8, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. Hi Techspot, just looking for some advice or feedback regarding this issue... and if there is anything I can try before I ship it away for warranty with Kogan, I've had the monitor for less then 2 weeks :(

I've come to notice a strange issue with the kogan ultrawide monitor Tim reviewed a few months back, its most noticeable on dark grey ( such as Steam ) or sky blue colours it appears that there are very faint but noticeable white (brighter) horizontal lines going thru the panel .. I would tend to think its a defect and is most noticeable on those colours... its also very hard to capture a photo of the issue but it is def there... have tried different hdmi/dp cable and changing monitor settings refresh rate etc. the issue is present even in the motherboard bios so cant be a windows problem... any ideas??

I've made a video to explain the issue as it's quite hard to describe , just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before? Thanks

(watch in 4k if possible , might make it easier to see)

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 4,062   +1,187

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...