Fallout: New Vegas PC crashes

Ok, new guy here.
I was searching around for help around the interent because I don't feel like paying someone to have tell me I have to pay for some Anti-Virus tool. So here's my issue:
I'm a frequent player of Fallout: New Vegas by Bethesda. I've recently started playing this game on my PC. But for some reason, while I'm playing, about maybe a half hour in, it would crash my whole motherboard. Nothing else. Just my motherboard. I uninstalled Fallout and reinstalled it. Then it began crashing about 10 minutes into the game. So, I thought that perhaps it was overheating because the fan felt pretty warm, so I got one of my cooling fans and put it behind it. It cooled down but still crashed at the same rate. I've gotten to the point where I can't take it.:evil: I assume that maybe my computer simply can't handle such a large file. I've downed the graphics quality and minimized the screen down. No help. Here are my specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name INDIGO-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 537s
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, 2603 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A03, 7/23/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name indigo-PC\indigo
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.97 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.55 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.93 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.95 GB
Page File Space 3.97 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

How did you determine your motherboard is the problem? Your statement that the motherboard crashed doesn't make sense to me. Try uninstalling your old graphics driver through Programs and Features and install the latest version.

What graphics card do you have? Does it meet the minimum requirements for the game?

Yea if you "crash" a motherboard (which is tied to everything else in the computer) that is basically a full system crash. the motherboard contains many different devices and they all need drivers. So, you should download and install the latest chipset drivers for the board and then try updating the graphics drivers as mp suggested. Which AV software are you using and have you installed any updates for the game?

As a side note though, Fallout 3 and New Vegas are notorious PC crashers, and in some cases certain hardware will just cause problems over and over. You may be better off posting the problem on the game's official web board or game-specific forum. Sometimes other users who experience similar issues have found a work-around or find tweaks to correct or increase the stability of the game.

Back