Far Cry 2 startup issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ae86trueno

So i got fc2 the day it came out through steam, installed it and it ran perfectly fine. Now i moved my computer to another house, and everything is still the same except for my mouse, keyboard and monitor. And now i only get the small startup box (picture thing that loads before the game goes into full screen, don't know what its called...) then my screen flashes black and then exits the game(no sound, just a black screen that changes to my in game resolution settings). I tried updating my monitor and video card drivers (not the nvidia 180 beta drivers that have been causing problems with this game) with no success. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! let me know if you need more info or anything too.

CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 Conroe 1.86GHz
Motherboard
evga NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
Memory
G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 x2
Videocard
xfx 8600gt 256mb

Far Cry 2 - issues??

Hi folks, I have installed the game and keep getting the message that my video driver need updating? I have already installed the latest NVIDIA drivers for the 8000m series and checked the NVIDIA website to make sure this is correct which it is. Have not tried re-installing yet but fairly confident this will not fix, will try anyway. Could the message be pertaining to my version of Direct x which is currently 10? Has anyone got any ideas, laptop spec is below:

HP
AMD 64 x 2 Turion TL 60 2.0ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 8400m GS 128 mb
2.00 gb RAM
Vista 32 bit Ultimate

Any help would be most welcome.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back