Fire fox, and Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused001

I'm having trouble with my internet.
My fire fox keeps on disconnecting me.
Sometimes i'm just idol for 5 minutes, then i cannot go back online.
I tried ipconfig /renew. It renews my ip adress, but firefox still does not reconnect me on the internet.
It's getting really annoying:( , can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Firefox does not connect you anywhere. It is just a program that uses your existing internet connection.

Please, provide some information about your internet access, like what kind of a connection is it (cable, DSL) and what kind of network devices you have (modems, routers, wireless adapters).

I'm using cable internet acess.
All i have is a wired connection, from my cable modem to my ethernet card.
The reason why i say that it disconnects me, is because when i am on the intenet, it somehow freezes, and does not work anymore.
When i do the ipconfig /renew thing, it renews my ip adress, but firefox still does not work.
Do you suppose it could be my firewall?

The browser freezing is not a good diagnostic.. When you renew your IP address, do you get a real internet IP or something like 169.x.x.x?

Sure, it can be your firewall. You can try turning it off and using only the Windows builtin one.

It's probably ur firewall. Try turning it off like Nodsu said to see if it helps. Otherwise, it might be ur ethernet card/modem.

When i do the ipconfig /renew, i do get an ip adress.
I't cannot be my internet connection/ethernet card, cuz when i go to another operating system on the same computer, this does not happen.
The other thing, is that it's probably not my firewall. Thiough, i kind of think it is.
I'm using Zone Alarm right now, but had panda installed on it, and did not remove it.
do you think it might me my inactive panda?

Even if you deactivated Panda, you still have its filter drivers installed and yes, you can have conflicts between firewall software. Better uninstall the Panda firewall componnt and double-check in Device Manager that it is gone. (Show hidden devices, non-plug-and-play)

Do i just uninstall the firewall, or the whole software?
Panda comes with both a firewall, and a antivirus, because i have panda internet security suite (trial).
Would just deactivating it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back