First build, no POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a new motherboard and CPU, and installed it along with everything else. When I turn on the computer, I don't get any beeps, or post. I have video though. What shows up is a screen that shows the motherboard name, but nothing else happens.
I took out the RAM and it does beep, so I doubt the motherboard is dead.
The fans and DVD Drive seem to be working fine.
Also, I changed the psu, and the cpu to see if that would fix the problem, but it didnt.
Any help on how I can make it POST?

Check all the power supply connections to the drives and motherboard, including a 4 or 6-pin power cable to the motherboard near the CPU socket. If you see no memory count, you have real problems ...like a corrupted bios. Reset the bios to their default settings if you can

I took it out of the case just now, and it worked, so Im just wondering what I need to make it work inside the case.

The motherboard is shorting to the case. Carefully recheck all the brass standoffs. Make sure you only have standoffs under each mounting hole in the motherboard and no more... Check the CPU heatsink too

That's great news! I build systems all the time, so I can mount each motherboard with "my eyes closed". I can say that I have made this mistake a few times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back