Fitting processor water cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik

Well, here goes, Im just about to embark on the fittling of a processor watercooler. Its an Aqualia that I got second hand from a friend. I spent last night cleaning then testing it (outside of my pc) and Im now happy that everything is fine with it. So wish me luck, I dont think i will need any luck tho, it all looks very straight forward. My CPU is running at 50 degrees c at the moment so it will be interesting to see if there is much difference when its all in.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Rik.

Well, 4 hours and a lot of sweat later and its in and working. My processor in now idleing at 38 degrees c so £30 well spent i thinks.

Nice to hear and a fanless solution but u have to change the water quite often so that will be irraitaing,specially when u have to do it when someother imp work is to be done on the PC.

Just been told by a friend using watercooling that if i put anti algae in the water then it doesnt need changing all that often.

rik said:
Just been told by a friend using watercooling that if i put anti algae in the water then it doesnt need changing all that often.

That is real interesting so u can obiviosly increase the cycle time.

but unfortunately for me those things are way to costly for me,and even if i can afford them they are not easily acceble in my part of the world :mad:

glad ot hear those results rik. thats an impressive reduction. I've been looking into it as well for my amd64 3500+. It doesnt run very hot often, even while gaming, but it would be sick to take my 45C running temps and get the results you got.

Dont forget Im using a much less powerful processor than you, so to get the results that I have got you will need a much more substantial (and therefore more expensive) watercooling kit that the one I am using. Both the resivoir and the radiator fit into one five and a quater inch drive bay so it doesnt have a very large capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back