Fix recovered videos

I recovered deleted videos but now they don't play properly. the audio works but sometimes the videos dont play at all but when they do its like they aren't playing at the right speed or something. don't know how else to explain it these are very precious videos of my daughter that I desperately want back can somebody please help also I downloaded vlc and didn't help

How do you mean sometimes it doesn't play? It is like a black screen or does the file not even open and give an error? Also what OS are you running the videos on?

How do you mean sometimes it doesn't play? It is like a black screen or does the file not even open and give an error? Also what OS are you running the videos on?
I open the file using VLC and while it's playin I can hear all the audio but the video duznt really move it just stays at the beginning and some of them play but kinda skip and move really slow and they aren't in sync with the audio if that makes sense

I know there are several programs you can use to fix corrupted video files one of them here on the downloads page. You do have Vlc, you should try the fix below if its an AVI file and see if your issue is still happening. Let me know.
  1. Open VLC and click on the Tools tab.
  2. Click on Preferences at the bottom of the context menu.
  3. At the top of the page, switch to Input/codecs.
  4. Go to the File category. Under Damaged or Incomplete AVI file, select Always fix.
  5. Save the changes and exit the window.
  6. Now try playing the video again.

I don't actually know if it's the same thing but the files are MP 4 or MP3 but I've never seen one say Avi sorry bear with me I'm not the best with computer s*** LOL

MP3 is audio while MP4 is video OR audio :sigh:
Ive tried doin the always fix in VLC and it didn't work and I also clicked on here and tried downloading the program to fix corrupted videos that u put in your last message and couldn't do that so any other suggestions

Back