Fixing possible corrupted .bin file

Ubershank

Hey Folks,

I work out of a music studio in Malibu and recently was given a CD Image from an old sample CD by a co-worker that contains audio files needed for an up coming sound score project.

The problem I'm having is I can mount the .bin file just fine how ever I cannot explore the image to extract the audio samples. I get an error that "Windows cannot access the file" FYI. I am using VCD to mount the .bin.

I tried converting the .bin to .ISO but I get an error with MagicISO along the lines that it "Can't find the file, or file isn't CD Image file"
I'm worried the file is corrupted, but then again my co-worker uses the the samples on the image for his projects.
Unfortunately he is out of the country for a few weeks also, so trying to get a new copy is out of the picture atm and I need to get to work as soon as possible.

Some things to note:
The file obviously has data on it since it is rough over 500mb in size (the .bin)
I double checked the .cue with notepad and everything is in order.
I find it odd that it will properly mount but is still not accessible, it won't burn or convert either
I tried extracting with 7zip but it threw a "Cannot Open File" error

Running Win7 64

Any ideas would be appreciated, I delved into the Google rabbit hole for help but only came across outdated information and links.

Once it is mounted, can you use the diskmgr to see what kind of filesystem it is using?

RAW means there is no file structure - - just space. Some systems use RAW for paging data.
That should clue you that the APPLICATION (or OS) does all the work and 99% of the time
we poor users can't use that area. I have seen some professional cameras work with RAW.

The normal choice is to format RAW -> some filesystem, eg FAT32, VFAT, NTFS . . . BUT
that's not a choice for a CD. You need the Application *IF* there truly is data on that partition.

Back