Flash Disk / Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone... Im having a problem with a recently bought Sony 1 GB flash disk. It was working perfectly until yesterday when i plugged it in.

It gave an error message stating that "the disk cannot be written to because it's write protected. Please remove the write protection from the Disk F: in drive\device\harddisk1\dr9"

Could someone please help me fix the problem??? Is it a trojan virus? coz i cant even format it in XP or MAC. and when delete data from it using Linux, the data appears again when i use the flash disk in windows.

I would appreciate any Help on this....

Thanx!!!

Some flash disks have a tiny button that can be used to "write protect" the drive (it is viewable though)
Please check for this switch, and its position

Or use this:

HP USB Disk Storage Format Utility
Http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe

Will format (ie remove all files on the flash device) any USB flash drive
It can be known to recover Flash drives that are non-responsive too.

Please let me know of the outcome

Flash Disk/Drive Problem (Urgent Help)

Hi!! thank you 4 the reply to my problem. My flash disk does not have any physical switch that you can turn on or off or put on hold. Trust me...it doesnt have any switch on it..

I have downloaded the software you've given me but havent tried it out yet..(restrictions at work). However, i'll try it out later tonite then let you know how it goes.I hope it works....

I knew I wrote that poorly!

Just the flash disk

Look I have it here, I'll run it hang on...

Done, and guess what ? My Windows is still working :)

Just the Flash Drive, oh and plug in the drive too (obviously!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back