Flat panels!?!?

Rik

Why is it that everyone wants to have a flatpanel when in a lot of cases they aren't as good as a crt???

In the uk we have to spend £200 or more for a reasonable flat panel. A £40 crt does the job just as well if not better!!!!
Where is the sense in that????

There is no sense. And that's normal, because people are not sensible :)

40% of people do not really care about "good" or "best" and they just buy whatever was in the last ad they saw. Another 30% of people have no clue and they buy whatever some wannabe expert or the shop assistant says (no one realises that the wannabe/shop person is just as clueless) - they end up with the latest hype, which happens to be flat panels. Another 20% don't need the CRT superiority, and cociously buy the LCD for it's strong points.

The rest don't have the money to buy quality stuff or already have CRTs :)

Well, you are quite correct. Lcd's are in many ways not as good as CRT's. they have slower response times and are often not as solid. With recent technological advances however, LCD's are now nearly as good as CRT's. They use less power, are easier on the eyes, weigh less, look better and take up less space.

I am only just recently converting to LCD's and I'm quite happy with my decision to do so.

Regards,

Korrupt

Back