Followed 8 step malware removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to follow the 8 step malware removal and everytime I get to step 4 to do the malware scan two things happen.

When I download and install the program: malwarebytes, it comes up that it cannot connect when trying to update and then when it starts to run the scan it gets part way thru and then it just stops and shuts down. Then I am not able to enter the program again until I shut the computer all the way down and restart.

Also, the symptoms that I have something wrong is everytime I go to a search browser like google I am no longer able to click on a link. It brings up a new website that isn't what I clicked on. This doesn't seem to happen on non search sites though

You are describing a browser redirect. You can try running the programs in Safe Mode:
Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

The problem then will be that there are no trained malware helpers currently on TechSpot. If you would like help with the malware, try Tech-101.

Follow the directions for preliminary removal on the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back